Typology, Victim Selection, and Investigation
The “Unabomber,” The “Zodiac Killer,” and the “BTK Killer” were all serial killers who remained at large for a long time. The Zodiac Killer has still never been captured.
Choose any of the three killers named above and create an 8- to 10-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint that covers the following points:
- Describe the killer’s activities and victim selection.
- Determine the killer’s typology.
- Describe and critique the investigation:
- Were the police methods effective?
- Are there investigative tactics or resources available today that would have been of assistance in the investigation?
- How did the police and other agencies work together?
- Did the investigators engage the public in any way, to assist in the investigation?
- Describe how the investigation ended, or its current status.