To complete the Article Research Paper due in Week 6, please select a topic from the list provided below.
- Evolution of Management Accounting
- The Role of Ethics in Managerial Accounting
- Decision Management
- Balanced Scorecard
- Historical Cost in Accounting
- Lean Accounting Systems
- Responsibility Accounting
- Opportunity Costs
- Job-Order Costing Systems
- Process Costing Systems
- Activity-Based Costing
- Activity-Based Management
- Cost Behavior Pattern Analysis
- Cost Estimation and Analysis Methods
- Any other managerial accounting topics you wish to pursue from content addressed in Weeks 1-6.
Article Research Paper Instructions:Article Research Papers and Posting: This is a graduate course and students will be expected to research and write papers summarizing in their own words what they have found on current topics from the weekly readings. Research is a theoretical review of relevant literature and application of findings in the literature to a topic related to a specific industry, field, or business problem.The research must be conducted using peer-reviewed trade or academic journals. While Blogs, Wikipedia, encyclopedias, course textbooks, popular magazines, newspaper articles, online websites, etc. are helpful for providing background information, these resources are NOT suitable resources for this research assignment.Please Note: The UC Library staff are very helpful with assisting students in using the UC Online Library journal database. Please contact them if you have issues. In addition, the instructor has provided additional resources, including a research tutorial, in the “Course Resources” folder in the “Content” area of the course.
- Choose a research topic from the chapter readings or from the list provided by your professor.
- Research/find a minimum at least four (4), preferably five (5) or more, different peer-reviewed articles on your topic from the University of the Cumberlands Library online business database. The article(s) must be relevant and from a peer-reviewed source. While you may use relevant articles from any time frame, current/published within the last five (5) years are preferred. Using literature that is irrelevant or unrelated to the chosen topic will result in a point reduction.
- Write a four (4) to five (5) page double spaced paper in APA format discussing the findings on your specific topic in your own words. Note – paper length does not include cover page, abstract, or references page(s).
- Structure your paper as follows:
- Cover page
- Overview describing the importance of the research topic to current business and professional practice in your own words
- Review of the Literature summarized in your own words. Note that this should not be a “copy and paste” of literature content, nor should this section be substantially filled with direct quotes from the article. A literature review is a summary of the major points and findings of each of the selected articles (with appropriate citations). Direct quotations should be used sparingly. Normally, this will be the largest section of your paper (this is not a requirement; just a general observation).
- Practical Application of the literature. Describe how your findings from the relevant research literature can shape, inform, and improve current business and professional practice related to your chosen topic.
- Conclusion in your own words
- References formatted according to APA style requirements
- Upload your paper to the drop box in the Week 6 folder AND attach your paper to the related Discussion board by the Friday due date (130 points). Please note: you must upload your paper to the drop box AND post your paper to the discussion forum in order to receive full credit.
- Read and respond to at least four (4) other student postings in the discussion forum by the Sunday due date (20 points).
Step 2: Week 6 Article Research Paper Discussion ForumThis is the second (2nd) of two steps required for the Week 6 Article Research Paper assignment. To complete step 2, you need to make an initial post that includes your Article Research Paper submitted in step 1. Please note the following instructions:
- Copy and Paste the body of your paper into the body of your discussion board post. I understand this will skew the formatting of portions of your paper, but this makes your paper more accessible to students seeking to review it as part of this forum.
- Be sure to also attach your paper to your discussion board post (yes, you need to both copy-and-paste your paper into the body of your post AND attach your paper as an MS Word document). This will enable students to also view your paper in a properly formatted Microsoft Word format.